Monday 23 November 2015

Template & Mock Up - Magazine advert - Joshua Manley 9645

Template
Here is a template that I have designed which illustrates the basic stereotypical magazine advert poster. I have created this one the basis of researching existing advert posters and collating an understanding of what is included and also where. Below are my experimentations with very rough ideas of a poster for my product. I have used similar template above as well as experimenting and changing the structure and layout. I used Photoshop to create these, by taking photographs from the internet for inspiration and then placing the text and stereotypical information over the top. I have include the Sigur Ros band logo which is included on all their products by downloading a vector and placing it on top of the background image. By creating these mock ups it allows me to get a better understanding on potential ideas for my product poster, providing me with different ideas for layouts, texts/font, images, colours and information included.

Potential Ideas
1.

2.

3.


4.





2 comments:

  1. When looking at these four advert designs, my favourite by far is the top one. The reason I like this, is due to the simplistic nature of the poster. The blue colour used is bold, yet it also has a rustic feel about it due to the grains in the colour. I like the contrast between this and the text, which is white and stands out among the background. It also feels much cleaner and more professional compared to the other posters here. If I had to choose a least favourite, it would be the second one. This is because I feel like it doesn't stand out as the image of the male is much stronger and therefore takes away the artist. I also do not like the positioning of the text in the second design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good analysis and sound conclusions have been made… I would suggest updating the Photoshop template using the desired fonts, font colours and headings.

    ReplyDelete