Friday 18 September 2015

Film Trailer Ideas - Joshua Manley 9645

Illness
If I was to create a romance of drama I feel that this would enable me to make connections with the audience due to the deep and intense subject of matter. I would show either a young or elderly character to be the victim of a terrible disease. Showing some of their darkest hours but also illustrating all the good in their life despite their illness. The positives would overshadow the negatives but the audience would notice both as they will connect with the character and relate to their emotions. I could potentially include a romance in the trailer between the victim and a partner which perhaps introduces the good in their life but also showing the struggles. The intense themes and atmosphere created would allow attachments and emotional connections to be made. I could potentially show a lot of influence through The Fault In Our Stars and The Theory Of Everything as they also has a similar storyline and meaning.




War
If I was to create a movie trailer I would be interested in creating something surrounding the concept of war. The subject of war would provide me many opportunities to make my product very dramatic and action packed. The location of the trailer would on switch between two locations. One being the war camp showing the soldiers daily routines and the other being a forest where they would be on a stealth mission and mustn't be identified. Costume and makeup would be very influential in contributing to the war atmosphere. I would need several soldier uniforms including props such as guns and other military equipment. Also I would need to make the characters appear dirty or have face paint for camouflage and in other cases have cuts and blood to show injuries. The pace would start of slow to correspond to their mission but then would slowly build up and become chaotic in order to attract and appeal to the audience.


Adventure/Horror
For this idea I thought about having it set in a rural location or even an abandoned urban area, something which is isolated, I could even use both. The abandoned place would be a homeless mans home and one day he would begin to explore a forest. The camera would seem as something is watching him. I would then use two dogs which look like wolves (husky or Alsatian Malamute) to make it seem like they are following him and tracking him. I would make them look dirty and make it look like they have blood on them. As the homeless man continues adventuring he would come across and abandoned hut in the woods and without knowing, is trespassing. The trailer would show clips of him being kidnapped/tortured and also show him attempting to escape and would end with him shouting for help.


Why is discounted the option of producing a trailer
There was a part of me which found the prospect of producing a film trailer rather appealing, as they don't have to actually contain a consistent plot, they can include various clips which can appear somewhat disconnected. Also film trailers can be very dramatic and full of action which I also found interesting. However, eventually I chose not to proceed with creating a film trailer. This is because want to make an emotional connection with the audience and make them connect with the characters, and a lot of trailers are just dramatic and exciting in order to attract the audience. Also I want to produce a product which has a sense of structure, plot, meaning/message and a concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment